Tuesday, September 8, 2020

My Joy Journal Day 9

Today let's focus just on the little things that bring joy!  There are big joys in life, like reading to your San Diego granddaughter as I did over the weekend! But the little things come from a perspective, an outlook, an attitude on life that grounds you in a sense of joy.

In the video I read to you some quotes that I like on joy, and having a sense of joy in your life of faith.  Like:

"The most valuable thing the Psalms do for me is to express the same delight in God which made David dance."  C.S. Lewis

"Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy."  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow."  Helen Keller.

Enjoy your day, or at least as many moments in your day as you can!

Here's the video:


And for a little joy in little things, how about playing Vivaldi's Summer, from his Four Seasons, with four guitars on the side of a mountain?  Yeah, that should bring joy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

  My Joy Journal Day 30 We reach the end today of My Joy Journal.  I hope it's been a helpful exercise for you and that you will continu...