Sunday, September 13, 2020

 My Joy Journal Day 14

Greetings on Day 14!  Our Joy Verse for today talks about the God of hope filling you with joy so that you may overflow with hope.  My goodness - we need hope and joy these days!

In the video I share an article I found that makes the interesting observation that pain is inevitable, but misery is optional.  She writes, "God will let you be as miserable as you want to be for as long as you want to be."  But she has a hard and fast rule that all pity or misery parties are limited to 45 minutes - then it's so much for misery and back to joy.

Interesting observation!  Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional.  That's something to think about these days when there are plenty of things to be miserable about!  But in the midst of that, choose joy.  I choose joy!

Here's the video:


Here's a great new song (to me at least...) from Jeremy Camp entitled, Keep Me In The Moment.  Sometimes all we have is the moment!





1 comment:

  1. I am amazed how you find the song to go with the message. Loved this song.

    ReplyDelete

  My Joy Journal Day 30 We reach the end today of My Joy Journal.  I hope it's been a helpful exercise for you and that you will continu...